[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
FuckCity Forum • View topic - Q&A 2.0
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 am 

xprofessionalx wrote:
acciodalia wrote:
how fuck yeah worthy is your life? on a scale of 1-10

right now, with the pete/fob drama on twitter, and the toll that that whole thing is taking on my life, not very. but i maintain.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, Andy. I've got a ton of questions, but I can't seem to come up with one to ask, because everything I can think of you've already answered, or it's pretty obvious you can't answer.

I guess the only real question I have is whether you'll still be here for the fans no matter what happens to fob, and you're answering that just by being on right now, so thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 am 
Site Admin

the_reaper wrote:
hi Andy
Burning Empires is epic
are there any real chances
BE may come to Mexico??
if you want i can make
a street team here in mex
to help promoting BE
take care
Mexico loves you!!

thank you. we are going to do everything we can to get there. be is all about playing everywhere we can, and having fun. i love mexico, and i need to get back somehow.

a street team would rule. thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 am 

xoxonicole wrote:
How come you disabled your private messaging option?

I don't believe you can, but it'd be in the user control panel.

aim: Edgeypants
twitter: Max Stirfry
blog: Soda and Soup
livejournal: edgiko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 am 
Site Admin

kerrydixon wrote:
I gave you a copy of Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett's "Good Omens" earlier last year. Did you read it?

i havent yet, but i still have it. currently in the midst of reading the dark tower series. on book 3. its fucking amazing. best books ive ever read. read it if you havent. by stephen king, the master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 am 

Have you noticed your post count is getting to a really fun number? :D

'Cause you're not in on the joke
Twitter/Myspace/Tumblr/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:48 am 
Site Admin

naotalba wrote:
xprofessionalx wrote:
acciodalia wrote:
how fuck yeah worthy is your life? on a scale of 1-10

right now, with the pete/fob drama on twitter, and the toll that that whole thing is taking on my life, not very. but i maintain.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, Andy. I've got a ton of questions, but I can't seem to come up with one to ask, because everything I can think of you've already answered, or it's pretty obvious you can't answer.

I guess the only real question I have is whether you'll still be here for the fans no matter what happens to fob, and you're answering that just by being on right now, so thank you.

i def will be. i really wish i could tell everyone if we were done or not. but i just dont know. its not looking great right now, but when we went into the break it was for sure that we'd come back in 2 or 3 years. i still think we will come back, but i just dont know. theres no official decision one way or another. pete loves fob. i love fob. patrick loves fob. and joe loves fob. its just that we're in different places right this very instant. which is why we took the break. i honestly think all the pressure of people asking stuff like they are on twitter every five seconds is more damning to the band than anything. the whole point of the break was to just get away, and not think about it, and in 2 years or so, come back and decide where to go from there. i believe in us, and i believe we will get in a room, hash out the bullshit like in some kind of monster (haha) and we will be super stoked to do another record. i know all of us are already, but just not at this exact moment.

the reason ive given of touring and recording straight for 7-8 years is absolutely true as well. it was just burning us all out. and everyone else. we did too much so fast. going away and coming back fresh could only be a good thing.

but i just dont know right now. i think we will be ok in time. maybe not. like i said though, i cant tell the future. because heres the thing, i want a definitive answer as bad as everyone else. i think thats whats causing all of this in the first place

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Scarlet wrote:

haha, awesome. what number? 69?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 am 

what are the sizes of
the kit your using
right now??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 am 

I'm so glad to hear you're planning to come over to the UK when you can - I'll be looking out for that!

Would you ever consider doing a tour with all the FOB members' current projects co-headlining? Or would that be too crazy?

(PS: I'm currently on a train on my way to a business meeting and this Q&A made my morning. :D )

What should we have to drink?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 am 
Andy's Bitch

xprofessionalx wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

I want to slap you....no 666

AIM:Lilalove92
Email:Cupcakeloserrainbow@gmail.com
Twitter
BUZZNET

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 am 

Andy, through this crazy drama,
thanks for being here and upfront for all of the fans.
It means a lot to me and I know I'm not the only one.

so this isn't really a question, but I wanted you to know.

~emily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 am 
Site Admin

the_reaper wrote:
what are the sizes of
the kit your using
right now??

14x7 and a half snare
12x9 rack (i think)
16x16 floor
24x18 kick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Jinks wrote:
I'm so glad to hear you're planning to come over to the UK when you can - I'll be looking out for that!

Would you ever consider doing a tour with all the FOB members' current projects co-headlining? Or would that be too crazy?

(PS: I'm currently on a train on my way to a business meeting and this Q&A made my morning. :D )

i would love to do that. not sure it could work like that though

Site Admin

cupcakeloserrainbow wrote:
xprofessionalx wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

I want to slap you....no 666

yay

Site Admin

ESwee wrote:
Andy, through this crazy drama,
thanks for being here and upfront for all of the fans.
It means a lot to me and I know I'm not the only one.

so this isn't really a question, but I wanted you to know.

~emily

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 am 

xprofessionalx wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

LOL Andy!

But on a more serious note, I think I speak for all the members of this forum, and the ones that are lurking around right now, when I say that whatever happens with FOB, we're all really proud of you, and Patrick and Joe and Pete.

I also want to thank you for taking the time out to come here and answer what you can.

I love Fall Out Boy and while I'd be pretty sad if you guys were to say "That's it, that's all folks", I'm still really lucky to have loved that band.

So, thank you

'Cause you're not in on the joke
Twitter/Myspace/Tumblr/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 am 

xprofessionalx wrote:
naotalba wrote:

i def will be. i really wish i could tell everyone if we were done or not. but i just dont know. its not looking great right now, but when we went into the break it was for sure that we'd come back in 2 or 3 years. i still think we will come back, but i just dont know. theres no official decision one way or another. pete loves fob. i love fob. patrick loves fob. and joe loves fob. its just that we're in different places right this very instant. which is why we took the break. i honestly think all the pressure of people asking stuff like they are on twitter every five seconds is more damning to the band than anything. the whole point of the break was to just get away, and not think about it, and in 2 years or so, come back and decide where to go from there. i believe in us, and i believe we will get in a room, hash out the bullshit like in some kind of monster (haha) and we will be super stoked to do another record. i know all of us are already, but just not at this exact moment.

the reason ive given of touring and recording straight for 7-8 years is absolutely true as well. it was just burning us all out. and everyone else. we did too much so fast. going away and coming back fresh could only be a good thing.

but i just dont know right now. i think we will be ok in time. maybe not. like i said though, i cant tell the future. because heres the thing, i want a definitive answer as bad as everyone else. i think thats whats causing all of this in the first place
Thank you for clearing that up for people. That's what it seemed like to me, but most people just see the one thing in front of them and don't look at the whole picture. I believe in you guys too. Hope every one will get the rest they deserve and you'll come back stronger than ever!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 am 

what do you think
of marc webb directing
the spider-man reboot??
what are you expecting of
this spiderman movie??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:00 am 
Site Admin

the_reaper wrote:
what do you think
of marc webb directing
the spider-man reboot??
this spiderman movie??

could be cool. is it official?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 am 

I don't know if I'm doing this right or not, but I have wondered for a bit now...are all of you (from FOB) still friends or is there animosity? I'd hate for that to be the case. My best wishes to all of you in all you do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 am 

Honestly, I don't even have a question. I just need to get this out to you. I feel awful that everyone is putting so much pressure on you to give an answer about all of this. I don't really understand why people need to know so badly, especially when it seems the band itself is uncertain of the future. What does it change?

The past 6 years have meant everything to me. Fall Out Boy has given me some of my best friends and best experiences of my life. And if the band is over? Well, then it's over. But those memories, the music--all of that will live on forever. What I'm saying is that my experience as a fan has been incredibly fulfilling, and at this point it just feels selfish to demand for more. If I get it, great! You know I would follow this band to the end of the Earth.

When I think about Fall Out Boy ending--whether that's now, or 2 or 10 years from now--I always think about the death of a person with a full, accomplished life. I'm not going to mourn the death, but celebrate the life. We all got so much more out of this band than anyone expected, I think.

So regardless of what happens, thank you. It's been an incredible journey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:03 am 

i remembered reading your opinion on the leno/conan mess..so i was wondering ; favorite comedian?

and as redundant as it may be, i wanted to thank you during this chaotic time as well. i have the utmost respect for you all as musicians, activists in your own rights, and last but not least, adults (this is for FC as well). thank you, for sharing your musical talents, your optimism and endurance. you're a awesome guy andy. you have and will continue to achieve great levels of success.

Last edited by Lynn on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:04 am 
Andy's Bitch

xprofessionalx wrote:
the_reaper wrote:
what do you think
of marc webb directing
the spider-man reboot??
this spiderman movie??

could be cool. is it official?

yea it's def set in stone.....Meh to Spiderman!

but oh i have something to ask!! Will you go to Kyles Birthday thread and wish him a happy birthday???? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8368

AIM:Lilalove92
Email:Cupcakeloserrainbow@gmail.com
Twitter
BUZZNET

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 am 

Lauren wrote:
Honestly, I don't even have a question. I just need to get this out to you. I feel awful that everyone is putting so much pressure on you to give an answer about all of this. I don't really understand why people need to know so badly, especially when it seems the band itself is uncertain of the future. What does it change?

The past 6 years have meant everything to me. Fall Out Boy has given me some of my best friends and best experiences of my life. And if the band is over? Well, then it's over. But those memories, the music--all of that will live on forever. What I'm saying is that my experience as a fan has been incredibly fulfilling, and at this point it just feels selfish to demand for more. If I get it, great! You know I would follow this band to the end of the Earth.

When I think about Fall Out Boy ending--whether that's now, or 2 or 10 years from now--I always think about the death of a person with a full, accomplished life. I'm not going to mourn the death, but celebrate the life. We all got so much more out of this band than anyone expected, I think.

Well said. I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 am 

Lauren wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next